Healthy smiles start young. Check out these 3 quick and useful tips for maintaining your baby’s healthy, cavity-free teeth.
Make sure to use fluoride toothpaste twice daily.
- Wipe your baby’s gums with a clean, wet towel at least once daily before their first teeth erupt.
- When your baby’s first baby teeth erupt, gently brush them using a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Fluoride toothpaste should be used in a rice-sized quantity. By 36 months, increase the amount of toothpaste to a pea-sized amount.
Start promoting to use of a cup for drinking
- Include a regular cup between the ages of six and twelve months. Your child should regularly sip from a cup without a lid by age one.
- Mealtimes are a great opportunity for your infant to practice sipping from a cup.
- Sugars in juice, formula, milk, and other sweetened beverages can erode teeth. Your child’s consumption of these beverages during naps, at night, or in between meals and snacks can raise their chance of developing dental decay. Water is a fantastic option to supply whenever possible because it won’t damage the teeth.
Get the 1st Dental Appointment
Your child should consult a dental professional at roughly one year or within six months of gaining their first tooth. Tooth rot can begin as soon as an infant’s teeth erupt. For this reason, parents must establish wholesome dental habits at a young age.
Despite their small size, baby teeth are crucial. They serve as adult teeth’s temporary counterparts. Your child will have difficulty chewing, smiling, and speaking correctly if they don’t have healthy baby teeth. Taking good care of baby teeth and preventing tooth decay is crucial. Your infant will become accustomed to the daily routine if you start early.
Make an appointment with Primecare Family Dentistry
The goal of Primecare Family Dentistry is to provide your child with a beautiful, healthy smile. For parents to feel confident in understanding when to begin brushing their baby’s teeth, how to clean their toddler’s teeth, and how to make brushing their teeth pleasurable, we are professionals at training patients and parents jointly.